Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A pitch letter

A "pitch" letter is a letter designed to bring in business by calling prospective customers to action. Direct mail, properly designed, works. Here is a recent agency pitch letter designed for an independent agent.

If you are happy with your current insurance agent and you are certain you are adequately protected against adverse events, read no further. But perhaps you haven’t heard from your insurance agent in a few years. Maybe that claim you filed turned into a fiasco. Perhaps your business has grown and your loss history has spiraled or you’re not sure your insurance coverage is adequate. If so, now is a good time to consider other options.

I am a professional insurance agent located in ------ and serving the ------- area. I am an independent agent, which means I work for you. I can offer you a variety of options from various carriers that offer coverage tailored to your needs, not just a “one size fits all” policy.

I specialize in small-to-mid-sized businesses and in personal insurance and would be happy to assist you now or as your policies near renewal. I have [years] of insurance experience and represent only the strongest insurance companies. I’ll make sure your coverage is tailored to you.

If you’re tired of mailing your premium check with no personal oversight as your family or business grows and changes, contact me soon! I look forward to developing a personal relationship with you and your family.

No comments: